NIBE SMO 40
Overall efficiency, performance & features
NIBE Advanced Intelligence Control Module
Control up to eight heat pumps together in the same system
The SMO 40 is an advanced, intelligent control module equipped with the new generation controller for good comfort, good economy and safe operation. Clear information about status, operating time and all temperatures in the system is shown on the large and easy to read display.
SMO 40 supports a broad range of different systems and enables the combination of NIBE air/water heat pump with other equipment to create customised heating systems. SMO 40 can control as many as eight heat pumps together in the same system.
The SMO 40 together with NIBE heat pumps works smoothly in a variety ways. For example:
- Connect to another heating source such as gas, oil, electricity or district heating;
- Connect to a water heater to meet domestic hot water needs;
- The SMO 40 can connect your heat pump to your swimming pool and heat that too;
- Systems controlled by the SMO 40 can also incorporate solar panels, enabling solar energy to be used as a complementary heat source when available.
Advanced Control Module Features:
- Easy to use multicolour display with user instructions and multilingual support;
- Clear information about status, operating time and all temperatures in the system is shown on the large and easy-to-read display;
- Simple control of all accessories, including NIBE circulating pumps; and
- Sophisticated staging of heating, cooling, pool heating and additional heat sources.