GeoExchange Australia Pty Ltd (GXA) is an Australian owned company that specialises in the design, supply and installation of geoexchange (also referred to as geothermal or ground source heat pump) heating and cooling systems. We work in both the residential and commercial sectors across Australia and New Zealand as well as select projects in Asia.
Following 12 months of extensive industry research, GXA was founded in January 2006 by our current Managing Director, Yale Carden. GXA has resurrected the local industry which was lying dormant since ~2000 after the 1998 acquisition of the former WFA (founded in 1992) by Origin Energy. A number of former WFA personnel and contractors now work with GXA, providing unrivaled experience and expertise in the local industry.
The GeoExchange Vision:
Our Vision is for geoexchange heating, cooling and hot water systems to be an integral part of the newly evolving, low carbon green building industry.
Our Mission Statement:
Our Mission is to educate the public and green building professionals in the benefits of geoexchange and to design, supply and install geoexchange systems for residential, commercial, government and institutional projects.
GeoExchange Australia’s Services:
- Geoexchange Design
- Equipment Supply
- Management of Geoexchange Installations
- Ground Loop Contracting
- Service and Maintenance
- Training and Research
- GeoExchange Accredited Installer Network (GAIN)
The GXA design team boasts Australia’s leading specialist geoexchange designers with expertise in both ground conditions as well as building / mechanical services. Our design team have strong ties and ongoing contact with the latest in local and international research to ensure optimal design for your project.
GeoExchange Australia understands the importance of design as an integral part of a successful system. While we have great engineers, it is also our design philosophy that sets us apart. The framework we adopt for the design of a geoexchange system is the LEAF Design Philosophy.
We provide the following design services to our Clients:
- Desktop feasibility studies to assess the technical and financial suitability of a Geoexchange system for your specific project;
- In-situ Thermal Response Testing to assess site specific values for key design parameters such as thermal conductivity, thermal diffusivity and mean earth temperature;
- Detailed geoexchange design that integrates the Ground Heat Exchanger with the building requirements to optimise system efficiencies;
- Specialist design assistance to ‘conventional’ engineering consultants to incorporate geoexchange systems in projects;
- Life cycle costings to justify system selection;
- Energy modelling on alternative schemes with guarantees on running costs
GeoExchange Australia accesses its global network of specialist industry providers to ensure that the best international products are available in Australia. These include:
- Ground Source Heat Pumps and accessories
- GeoFlo Flow Centres
- Grundfos: Pumps
- HyperLoop: Polyethylene heat exchangers
- Slim Jim Lake Plate Heat Exchangers
- Limnion Geothermal Transfer Systems
- Rehau: Specialist plastics manufacturer
- Plasson: Specialist in electrofusion fittings
MANAGEMENT OF GEOEXCHANGE INSTALLATIONS
In addition to the individual elements of a geoexchange system, our broad range of expertise enables us to ensure that your geoexchange system is a completely integrated system and not just a collection of individual parts. It is this integration that provides the incredible efficiencies for which geoexchange systems have become so well known.
Our Quality Management System has been developed in accordance with Standards produced by the International Ground Source Heat Pump Association (IGSHPA) to ensure the highest quality installations and peace of mind.
GROUND HEAT EXCHANGER CONTRACTING
The GXA contracting team have been installing ground and water loops for over twenty years and have experience with projects ranging from single boreholes to hundreds of boreholes and complex water loops.
As well as our specialist design and project management capabilities, we work with IGSHPA certified drilling contractors around the country. All systems are installed in accordance with our in-house QA system that has developed over more than 20 years, hundreds of projects and thousands of boreholes.
SERVICE AND MAINTENANCE
While geoexchange systems are legendary for their reduced service and maintenance requirements, it is important to know that qualified and experienced personnel are readily available.
Certified service personnel are recognized across North America as the leading industry professionals and in Australia it is no different. In Australia, we call our expert teams the Geoexchange Accredited Installers Network (GAIN) and they have been certified by both the International Ground Source Heat Pump Association (IGSHPA) and relevant manufacturers.
We hold an extensive range of genuine spare parts and accessories in our Adelaide warehouse for those rare emergencies.
Ensure that your system is being serviced by a certified professional using genuine parts.
TRAINING AND RESEARCH
Public education and industry training is an important part of our activities. GXA proudly hosts internationally certified training courses for both designers and installers across the South Asia / Pacific region.
- Design and Installation of Ground Loops: IGSHPA and relevant manufacturers’ certification
- Installation and Service of Ground Source Heat Pumps: Relevant Manufacturers’ Certification
- Professional design courses for engineers
- Research programmes with leading Australian Universities.
Click here for more details on our research partners.
THE GEOEXCHANGE ACCREDITED INSTALLER NETWORK (GAIN)
GAIN is an internationally recognized network of installers that lead their local industry in terms of training, installation quality and customer satisfaction. This helps provide homeowners with confidence that their geoexchange system is being designed and installed by professional, certified personnel.
GAIN is the most experienced and qualified team of Geoexchange professionals in the country. Many of them have been working with Geoexchange systems since the mid 1990s and as such their experience is of the highest level.
Click here to find out more about GAIN.